Thursday 3 March 2011

Bearcast Vol. 5 - lookleft



Wah Wah Wee Wow. It's been almost a quarter of the year since our last post. You guys must have thought, 'wow what a lazy mofo' and that's all true to say, but it's been a hectic couple of months finishing off records (for a very special label actually), preparing mixes for gigs and lots of catching up with new and old friends & family in London/Berlin. Anyway, I've got a very special mix to share with you guys today. It was put together by an old friend of mine back in 2005 and still to this day, it's still one of my favourite mixes. It's special to me because it redefined the way I mixed. This mix really demonstrates how tracks should be mixed, layering tones, melodies, grooves, and percussion. Before I heard this mix, I never considered all the above, and just simply mixed in/out of a track coming out of a chorus and switching channels while taking care of the volumes and the EQ. I could go on for hours, but I think it's more important for you to hear it. But it's worth while paying attention to some of the mixes. I couldn't have done it at the time for sure. It starts nicely stripped and ends purrfectly chilled out. Keep an eye out for Lookleft's productions too!

Have a wonderful day, and enjoy this lovely mix!

http://soundcloud.com/natural-selection

bearizzle x

No comments:

Post a Comment